Tuesday 9 December 2014

Winter Swap/KAL Chantimanou Group

Ohh I didn't write a blog post about this yet? So it is about time.

This project is a fiber swap including a KAL (knit along) in the chantimanou group on ravelry.
Every participant sends 100 grams of dyed fibers to another spinner and keeps 100 grams of the same colorway for herself. In this way you receive 100 grams of "random" surprise fibers that shall be spun and then used together in the same project with the fibers that were kept for yourself. Everyone will have a different combination, and we will all knit the same shawl in the end.

The shawl knitting pattern is Wave After Wave which has been designed by group member Cordula just for this swap (it is available to other knitters too, of course).

So here are some pictures of the progress so far...



These are my 2x 100g fiber (100% Polwarth). I dyed it myself and called the colorway "Ubatuba", which is a coastal town in Brazil where my boyfriend lives.


My cat Leila was quite sad that one of the two braids had to leave us...


... but not for long, because soon afterwards we received a huuuuuge box that looked very promising.


The contents of the box! 100g Merino/Soja dyed by The Spinning Cat accompanied with wonderful gifts - chocolate, tea and a candle :)


This is the combination of the gifted fibers together with my own. I like their contrast, and how they still go very well with each other. 

Now some pictures of the spinning process... :)













I have finished spinning and plying the yarn, and the balls are waiting to be knit into the shawl.
I am planning to cast on during my 12hour flight to Brazil, which is on Sunday.





































No comments:

Post a Comment